
As i was cleaning up, I found (as usual) scads of notes left by my third-born. What is it about 3rd-borns that give them such a leaning towards peacekeeping? (My sister Paige always filled that role in our home growing up too.) I have notes all over the fridge telling me that "You are the best mom ever. Love Robin." Everyone has been told in note form that they are loved by Robin. No one will ever doubt that. When someone is sick, Robin is the one to fix up an extensively padded "sick-bed". She will offer to read stories, bring treats, snuggle. Many times when we go to check on the kids at night we will find that little Ellie has snuck out of her bed and curled up under Robin's arm, safe in her big sisters' bed. One day Ellie blurted out "I wish you were my mom." I wondered how I should take that... :)... and then realized that it had nothing to do with me and everything to do with Robin. She is a sweet gift. A tender pause. A gentle ingredient, vital to the unique flavour of this home. Every little note I find is another reminder to me as a mother to be more tender, more loving... sweeter. Thank you Lord for this child who reminds me. My very own sweet thing, my gift from God, my little Robin. 




4 comments:
That is interesting. My note writer and my encourager is miss Ginny. She is my little Robin. Isn't it so nice to have these little blessings?
My third born leaves notes, "i love mom, age 32, dad, age 31.." HAHAHA!!!
Remind you of anyone with a US mail backpack & a handful of teaparty invites? i needed little sisters!!
yes, it does. You were always so hopeful that I would behave... and I always dissapointed you. Like the time i caught my HUGE 80's "Aquanet" hairspray bangs on fire over the candlelight and icing-sugar cheerios....I think i was in grade 8 by then though as we were in Kelowna. You were persistant in doing special tea parties. Nothing like the smell of burning hair to put a damper on the festivities. *sorry*--j
My third born is the one who gave me two gifts and two cards :) for mother's day today...
he's so sweet!
Robin is such a sweet encourager, though - i love her little notes, cards, pictures - she's such an artistic little girl and it's so easy to connect with her...
Post a Comment