Wednesday, May 13, 2009

E-mailing God

As Curt and I were talking about the HUGE budge in the waiting game that came yesterday, i was reminded of an e-mail i sent out to my family the day before. Here's how it went:

"Sadie was super-beggy today. Frustrating as the no eating is as bad as the want to drink. I'm ready to go back to the Dr. but don't know where to go. They all will think we are crack-pots. She prays that she won't be thirsty and that she will eat and tells me over and over that when she sneaks it makes her feel bad. She told me at nap time that she loved going with auntie Stephie. (thanks for taking her for the day by the way!) :) and then brightened up huge and said "She gave me LOOOOOOTS of drinks!! haa haa! She carried on about the marshmallow milkshake and told me that Auntie Stephanie was funny because she wasn't ALLOWED to have ice cream. I'm tired. Wessie needs me too and so do the other kids. And Curt. So much of my day is a lesson in being patient...i wonder if i prayed for God to teach me patience at one point and this is His hilarious answer. if so, and i know You're listening... NOT funny and I promise to be more patient!!! Please release me from my request!"

I wrote it just like that, with the last part in bold, which is maybe what made me remember it the day after when the call came from the hospital that test results had come back suspicious. He sees, He hears... He even reads His e-mail....and He is a God of *mercy*. Sadie goes into the Stollery tomorrow at 7. Thankful that God providentially designed this week for my parents to be making a business trip to our house for the weekend. hmmm. When He answers prayer, He sees to every detail doesn't He?! It's all I can think about. My heart is lighter today despite Sadie's continued thirst and begging and our attempts to constantly distract and satisfy with ice chips and mini mr. freezies. The older kids took her out to watch the horses get shod until lunch. I'm thankful for my other children who are learning patience and mercy and grace and service and gentleness and self control and kindness and goodness in a very intense sort of way along with me. As my grandmother likes to say: "There isn't an ill wind that doesn't blow some good." She's right.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

There have been many a times where I wish I could email God and received a quick reply. Jess, The kids and I are praying and will continue to pray for Sadie.

Jen said...

We'll be thinking/praying for you tomorrow.

paige said...

i love this.. i may just send out a quick email to HIm later on today...

jessica jespersen said...

I've wanted to call Him on the cell once too, but this worked just fine. ;) It will be amazing to see Him face to face at the end of this storm. --j