Monday, May 11, 2009

The GARDEN!!

Sorry, I know this pic has nothing to do with the garden... but it has everything to do with the atmosphere around here... so to make it fit with the theme of this post, I'm going to dub her the "Garden Warrior". Carrie thrives where there is a job to be done. Especially if said job is to be done in a very specific way with specific tools. Unfortunately she didn't need her headdress, sword, shield, nor her coyote skin... but she DID need the rubber boots. She was the perfect side-kick for Curt today putting in the garden. We needed a "warrior" too as Curt didn't just put in a *garden*... he put in a GARDEN!! I'm glad he has vowed to work it with us this year. Men sometimes go a little overboard....
Robin helped with soaking seeds the night before and liked checking out how chubby they had grown overnight. Carrie (of course) needed to try "Indian corn" and Robin thought that was pretty cool.

Noon picnic on the swing; chicken, sausage, celery, oranges and granola.



Robbie helped watch over the little ones with me and pack the lunch. She's so patient and tender.


Carrie insisted that we get a picture of the back of Curt's shirt. She is always so proud of her dad.




My little "Garden Warrior".





Planting the broad beans i accidentally bought.






Me in my fancy gardening pants i fashioned for myself only using a pair of my old "big pants" and a handy pair of kitchen scissors. Planting the peas thick the way my mother-in-law taught me to do.







7 comments:

Jen said...

oooh, that looks like so much fun! I think I may have a little more of an excitement to do mine!

jessica jespersen said...

At least stomp some potatos in. ;)--j

carol said...

That is one BIG garden - You are all very ambitious! I would be embarrassed to show you my tiny little garden.

Tammy said...

Will you come and help me plant mine? I have no idea what I am doing. I have the spot but I am lost from there on. By the way, the spot is like a 10th of yours. :)

paige said...

Hehe. That is a GARDEN!!
i should take a pic of where we're planting this year... trimming back our shrubs to make room for at least a little bit of foodishness.

Lori-Dawn said...

I would soooo love a garden that size!!! Someday...I'll have to post a picture of my little pathetic plot! Once you can see some shoots!

mamalena said...

WHOO HOO...Now THAT's a garden! I had Leroy strip of a chunk of lawn and haul in some compost to expand my holdings....now I have about 12 square feet in which to plant my 150 tomatoes and 4000 peppers (from saved seeds)... Maybe I'll bring you some in my suitcase on Friday....hehe.

mama