I was reading to Sadie tonight and one of the books she chose was a children's Bible stories. I chose "Daniel" He was brave, there were lions, it was a daring, exciting story. She listened intently and cringed when they threw him into the den with the hungry lions. The story emphasized prayer. When the story was over, i turned to this last page with a bible verse and a parting picture. I read the verse. "And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God." Daniel 6:23 I could tell she wasn't listening. She was staring SHOCKED at the last picture and slowly raised her finger, pointed to the bone at the lion's side and said slowly, "Is THAT Daniel???" :) No, thankfully not! :) Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Daniel in the Lion's Den--Alternate Ending
I was reading to Sadie tonight and one of the books she chose was a children's Bible stories. I chose "Daniel" He was brave, there were lions, it was a daring, exciting story. She listened intently and cringed when they threw him into the den with the hungry lions. The story emphasized prayer. When the story was over, i turned to this last page with a bible verse and a parting picture. I read the verse. "And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God." Daniel 6:23 I could tell she wasn't listening. She was staring SHOCKED at the last picture and slowly raised her finger, pointed to the bone at the lion's side and said slowly, "Is THAT Daniel???" :) No, thankfully not! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
haaahaaaa!!
Post a Comment