Many nights we spend as a family at the ball diamonds but tonight we all seemed to split up in different directions. Curt dropped Darren off at the church to serve with some of his friends. A group of boys including Darren, were asked to serve the ladies at a "Princess Tea". We were talking about how it was going to go now that he had severed his thumb tip and he raised his eyebrow, proudly displayed his thumb and announced, "Here's my ticket to sympathy!!" Indeed! He had a grand time ushering mother/daughters to their seats and explaining how he was making weaponry and was wounded in the process. He talked non-stop as i changed his bandage before bed, of the girl who came in all white fluffiness only to topple an entire table onto herself and be covered from head to toe in pop. He liked that story but you could tell he felt sorry for her when he said sheepishly "she cried". He told of having to hold a little 2 year old's hand to escort her to the table and how she giggled the whole way, of how one mom wore a huge hoop skirt and some wore their wedding dresses. Of how a distant relative of ours splattered him with glitter from the craft they were making...on purpose, and how all the guys he was serving with teased each other while trying to pretend they were distinguished waiters. That was Darren's night.Curt took the three older girls to ball practice and they came home tired and happy...as usual.
As for me, i had what we like to call around here "the littles"--Sadie and Wesley. We went to visit Curt's second cousins and their little two year old and sweet twins newly home from the hospital. The twins were born prematurely but are finally home and doing well. They have been bathed in prayer for months.
When we got home, Sadie did some painting on the deck. She painted trees, and when some Canada Geese flew over, she added one to the top of her picture that I thought was pretty cute. :) After that, I thought I'd give Wes some rice cereal. I only got 2 spoonfuls in when the phone rang. In the time it took for my niece on the other end of the line to tell me that she had bought me something today while shopping with her friends. Wes had been "fed". The bowl was empty and Sadie insisted. I didn't do it!... It was Wesley. I tried to feed him but Wesley grabbed it with HIM HANDS...and SMEARED it all over his chair!! Needless to say, bath time followed. Curt is out for his nightly ride, the kids are all in bed, and i have numerous loads of laundry beckoning to me from the couch. I'd better get these contacts out and start working while this window of silence is offered.




6 comments:
Poor wesley and his pink bib. You can tell he has 4 older sisters!
Darren did a great job at the princess evening. He ended up escorting my friend to our table. He was so wrapped up in his duties I am not sure he recognized me. You can tell him I thought he was very dapper in his suit.
He didn't wear a suit! :) He *would* have if i had gotten him one though! ha ha! :) It was hard to find black clothes for him! I found him those black cowboy jeans for a little over 20$ and then found a button up shirt that fit him but was too long so had to sew that up so that he could wear it that night. It's harder and harder to find decent dress clothes for boys i'm finding! Girls are so easy. I like clothes with no words or logos. I may have to start sewing again!
Wesley has the cutest highchair *ever*. hehe.
haa haa! Thanks to his trend-setting cousin, we are learning to follow Gage's expert lead. I LOVE that highchair! It's so solid and washable and that it turns into a desk and chair afterwards is such a great idea. There are so many options out there.... i'm just going to keep following your lead as i hate "shopping". You have a keen sense of what's a great product. I love the stroller too. I haven't had one since Darren almost 11 years ago and the one you picked out works so great for multi-age. Sorry i keep copying you, but you ROCK! --j
I like that high chair too - except our kitchen is so small we don't have room for anything very big - might have to 'make do' with the bumbo.
The pink bib is totally stylin'. Pink is the new blue... :)
I love his face in the last pic!
Post a Comment