Friday, May 15, 2009

"Did Mr. Vasopressin come back?!!"

Before Curt took Sadie in to the Dr's yesterday we talked about how the Dr's had looked wayyyyyy into her blood and they looked at all the little hormone guys in there and everyone was there except for Mr. Vasopressin. He had run away! I told her that they were going to put Mr. Vasopressin back, but that they had to put him up her nose! ( the hormone is given nasally for little ones like Sadie) I told her that the Dr's were going to tell him to "Get back to WORK!!" and when Mr. Vasopressin went back to work she wouldn't be thirsty anymore. She giggled. "I'm not going to be thirsty anymore? *giggling* I love you mom!....*and then seriously* But can i have a drink?*" Her trial dose that day was a day's worth of deliverance from her constant desperation.
She ate
She drank
We were merry
and then it wore off...
We went into the Stollery today to see the endocrinologist and report back. Sadie had more blood work done. They will be re-doing the MRI in 6 months to look for tumors that may be too small to see right now. They are re-checking the level of hormones. We are starting her on the hormone that she is missing and will re-do blood on Tuesday and have a follow-up appt. in a month. Tonight, after we gave Sadie her first dose, I tucked her in and prayed with her. We were talking about "thirst" as usual and I told her that pretty soon she wouldn't be so thirsty. She perked right up. "Did Mr. Vasopressin come back??" :) Yes! and I'm looking forward to him getting to work in the "Pit" (-uitary) STAT!!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Thank you for the updates Jess. I have been thinking about Sadie non-stop as of late and I'm relieved to hear that you are on the right track.
*hugs*

paige said...

hehe... i like this post. You leave gifts of pee for dr's who make you upset, you send mr. hormone to work up her nose... Life is sure interesting for Sadie.
You should do a post of "a few of my favourite things" - what Sadie asks for in a store :)