I was having a bath with Sadie and she told me she had a secret. She said it was a really long, sad secret. It did end up being a very long story, but it was interesting as it had all her guilt and fears intertwined and thinly veiled.:
"There was this boy in Sunday School and he was sick because he was always so thirsty. So he snuck into the bathroom at Sunday school and drank. Then he got more sick and he threw up. He had to go get blood work done on Tuesday. The blood got all over the doctors and still the little boy was thirsty and he had to go for more blood work. One day when he was downstairs watching Dora the Explorer... i mean Doostba... a show i don't like.... He snuck to the fridge down there and snuck drinks because there was pop in there. Then he got more sicker and he started to turn into a baby. He started to pick his nose and eat it. ( *this is I'm sure linked to her fear about her decline into peeing her pants and bed*) And then the Dr's put Vasopressin in his nose and he wasn't thirsty anymore....But actually it was a girl and her name was Sadie... but a different Sadie than me."
When i was putting her down for a nap she told me, "I love you mom because i was sick and you helped me to get better..." *tears*. I'm SO wiped and bleary-eyed from my horrendous day with D. yesterday and then little Sadie's days just keep getting better and better. I asked her about her story and if she snuck water while she was downstairs watching Dora once and she said "You mean Dora Saves the Babies?"...pause... (look of relief washing over her 3 yr old face with her confession being recognized) "Yes i did....but the boy in my story is a different boy than Sadie and that Sadie is a different Sadie than me." She is such a smart little thing. I'm feeling such relief with her response to the hormone. *good day*--j
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Your Sadie is the most precious thing! I love her story and how her honesty came out.
*love*
Post a Comment