Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peaceful morning gone awry

Sadie called me to the kitchen white board excitedly. "MOM! Come look at the picture I made. It's of me getting the ADH up my nose! :) Today is an "indoor day". A day of SNOW in May, of creamy potato and ham soup, of fresh buns for lunch and hot cinnamon buns in the oven, of getting caught up on laundry. A day of second cups of coffee, of banjo lessons from Grannie for the fun of it. HMMMMMM...and just 2 seconds ago, it has turned into a day of 4 girls screaming and one 11 year old boy laughing...end of blog... beginning of the end of a peaceful morning!! Oh poop!








4 comments:

paige said...

Oooh, we didn't get anything that stuck on the ground - but we had nice hot potato soup for lunch with Cai's AWESOME corn bread! That girl is a lifesaver!
The cinnamon buns is an awesome idea. Neil's out of town all week, so i'm needing ideas to keep things from regressing into cave-man behaviour over here...

jessica jespersen said...

I'd love to adopt Cairo for a few months... or years but i'm afraid you would miss her too bad. Maybe a weekend sometime. Any of your kids are welcome to come and visit for that matter. You have such good ones Paige. I know what you mean. I think i may start some long term art projects just to keep things upbeat when this cold weather holds on. Supposed to jump up to 29(!) by the end of the week... probably all lies. :(--j

Andrea said...

I cuddled Addy at noon knowing she would fall asleep so that I could have an excuse to sit in my chair for 2 hrs in silence. Snow or rain, gloomy days have their place, don't they?

carol said...

Sadie is adorable and what a good little artist! At least snow is beautiful! Hope the rest of day went well - sounds like great food.