Saturday, March 7, 2009

"Specialties"

I've been cooking a lot again lately. It seems to go in cycles i think. I notice that when i most need to clean and get organized, i bake instead. Somehow it makes me feel like I've accomplished something nice without having to scrub toilets and floors. This year, my thought was to get each child interested in one recipe that they could memorize and "specialize" in. We've done it with bread and pies but no one memorized anything. Darren has decided that "brownies" are his specialty. He also enjoys making meatballs. There is something about mixing raw ground beef with his bare hands and rolling it into balls that appeals to him. Carrie, Ellie and Robin love the finished product of whatever they make... (and the compliments from Dad) and with Sadie, it's all about being able to do something *all by herself* and then eat her "craft". :) Still working on specific recipes for specific kids...and in the meantime everyone vibrates to be the one to crack the egg in the pot. I think an ultimate goal would be to have each kid do a part of a meal and then i could, i guess...maybe...if i really *HAVE* to... clean a few toilets and floors. :(


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been working on this too. Andrea LOVES to be in the kitchen and will create a "recipe" using whatever ingredients she can get her hands on. :o)