Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sadie Update


Some of you have asked about my Sadie the past week or so. We just got back from our fourth Dr.'s visit this week. One was in the emergency. This time it was with a pediatrician. I've never had any of the kids go for so long without eating... so long vomiting and "the other" at the same time. I've never had any kid be sick even for a day like that and still be perky... but Sadie is. And it's been 10 days. The pediatrician is re-doing all of the tests we had done already. Not for the flu, but for the drinking/peeing problems that started in February before the flu hit. I changed her pull-ups 3 times last night as they were bursting at the seams and leaking. In the waiting room of the lab she drank 3 full glasses of water. None of my kids are screamers. She screamed today for them taking her blood.... very loud. Darren did that once when he needed blood taken as a little guy... and once when he got his shots. Funny how hot and embarrassed i got when he screamed... I didn't care today, 10 years later. If she needed to scream, let her scream. She's only 3. If you can't scream unashamedly at 3 when you see someone stick a needle in your arm and remove blood, when can you? After the blood-taking, we were told to go give the pee sample. I took Sadie in the washroom and told her that since they were so mean to take her blood we were going to leave them a nasty little cup of pee in their 2 way cupboard in their bathroom. She blinked her free flowing tears down her face and laughed. She couldn't wait to get out of there. Neither could I. Curt was angry with me yesterday. He figured I wasn't caring enough... that i wasn't worrying enough. How much more can I do? I'm hurting. Health is so precious and when the threat of illness stands menacingly over my tiny child, it makes me weak in the knees. Been praying Psalm 61 over my children this month and wrote it out as a song for Wesley's eventual dedication.
"Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge. A strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings."

7 comments:

paige said...

i'd be tempted to switch back to diapers for night just 'cause they'll probably hold a lot more than a pull up.
Poor little mouse. i hope you get answers & health soon.

paige said...

& hehe on telling her to leave the stinky pee as a trick. i'll have to remember that one.

jessica jespersen said...

Good idea. I'll tell Curt to get diapers next time. We've been going through the pull-ups 4/night and they are right full. I weighed them this morning and 3 of them together were over 3 lbs. I hope she never leaves *me* a little cup of pee anywhere for revenge! It looked like water. I don't think it would be too stinky anyways.-j

Anonymous said...

The pee thing-what a classic! I hope they figure it out soon-I will be praying for your wee one! **hugs**

Anonymous said...

I've never bought them, but but apparently the Pullup people sell a special product for nights called "Overnights" -- I think. I have some coupons for pullups and they show them on the coupon too - but I can't recall seeing them in the stores, but I am sure they are there on another shelf. We're still potty training Isobel and I've had a few of those heavy pullups too. One morning she got up and said "My pullup is dripping!" -- obvious response "Well, take it off then!" I'm thinking about you and Sadie during this time of uncertainty... hope someone figures it out SOON! Denise

Tammy said...

I am so sorry and sad that you have to go through this kind of stuff. Malakai just got his blood taken the other day and he told the nurse, with tears running down his cheeks, "you really hurt me!" Now it seems that Ginny is having sugar issues also. She doesn't drink lots just gets really pale, weak and sick if she goes even a couple of hours without eating. Maybe that explains her peeing her pants on occasion though :( I think we just have to reassure ourselves that they are God's gifts, he is with them.

Tammy said...

That is not really fair to say that you are not worrying enough. We as mothers are more often then not accused of worrying too much.