Saturday, March 7, 2009
Birthday Surprise!
I'm writing this post hoping that Curt won't read my blog and I'm probably fairly safe. haa haa! It's his 35th birthday today but the party is tomorrow at his mom's. I thought it would be fun to have pigs again. I have brought it up a few times and he didn't sound too enthusiastic. Remembering that he bought his dad a St. Bernard for his 60th even though his mother didn't want another dog gave me an idea. I thought maybe i could do one of those presents that is signed "To You... For Me!" I got his sister to phone their cousin who owns a petting zoo and ask about pigs. He happened to have a "fixed" boar pot bellied pig that he was letting run around the property and that he would let us have. We were giddy! Then Curt's sister told their other cousin Jeff what I was secretly planning and he wanted a piece of the action and convinced me to leave the boar and get a sow! He would pick it up and deliver it for me! This is even better news as then we can have baby piglets again! The kids are all in on it but Curt doesn't know. I told the older kids not to talk about it in front of Sadie anymore because i caught her saying... "I'm not telling Dad!!!" a few times. Luckily he was listening to someone else talking and didn't ask her what she "wasn't telling" him about. I'm so excited about surprising him tomorrow with his "birthday pig". I'm hoping he won't be toooooo horrified that i bought livestock behind his back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ooooh! I can't wait for an update to find out how it all goes! I grew up on a pig farm; we had pot-bellies for a while (not us, the pigs!), too, but not many - we mostly raised them to ship to market. You know, "This little piggy went to market"...kinda stuff.
I also can't wait to see pictures!! I'm giddy with you!
Hehehe! Sounds fun! Have a good party!
Hahaaaaa! i think you're safe (hoping Curt won't read your blog...) If he's anything like Neil, i force Neil to read some posts in case i've posted something he didn't want me to. He was mortified when someone told me (in front of him) that a blog entry about him made them blush! Have fun presenting your pig!
Post a Comment