Friday, March 20, 2009
Bad nights
Most nights I'm glad to see the pillow and sorry to see the sun peeking in behind the blinds. Last night was long. I tried to dole out the water in smaller increments to Sadie as she seems to drink it 16 oz at a time if i let her. I wanted the antacid the Dr. told us to give her time to do it's job without being diluted and flushed right out. She was sad that I made her wait between 1/4 cup intervals all night. Big red teary eyes staring at me. "Can I Please have my water now??" And even so, we went through almost 8 cups by morning. That is less than usual though. I don't want to limit her water as that is really all she's been taking in...just don't want her to drown her poor tummy into vomiting it all up. She got up this morning and promptly drank an 11 oz cup of water before any of us could stop her. On top of those continual interruptions of sleep (so that she could be doled out another 1/4-1/2 cup of water) her diaper had to be changed a couple times, we had to change the sheets once as the diaper leaked, and Wes had his normal nighttime wakings.... And then, i heard something on the monitor. Curt didn't think i was right, but i went upstairs to Darren's room and he was caught under all the blankets having a seizure. I stayed with him till it was over and he took the heaving breaths that mean he is going to fall into the arms of the deepest sleep I've never known and then i just went downstairs and put on my clothes. Sadie just came to me complaining that her new diapers we bought her won't stay up. Where is my chubby little potty-trained 3 yr old? :( Her weight is so low. I'm hoping the Dr. will call regardless of test results this second time around. I need help getting her back eating and to health. I'm at a loss and this is getting scary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh, Jess - my heart is groaning to the Father for you and little Sadie today...has been for several days now, but now words to Him just escape me...
tears here jess - we are all praying for little Sadie... and D too.
Poor you :(
We love you all and are praying for you.
Father God, I pray that You gather up Your child in Your arms, with her babies and give her comfort, love and strength. Let her bury her head in You and breathe deep Your safety and power, and let Your power cling to her like a fragrance, so that You will be known to the children, friends and strangers she meets.
Jess, this has been a comfort to me:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/amoira/women/julian1.htm
The verse that came to mind was "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it." Not sure if that resounds with you or not-just thought I would share it. I have been praying for Sadie throughout the days lately (and you!)
Thank you mamas so much for your prayers. I know his heart is soft for us in our weakness. He is strong...and He *will* complete the good work that He has begun in us. -j
Post a Comment