Lately... well, for months now, we seem to be going at full throttle....but not really in any specific direction....just fast! We were reading the poetry of the Japanese Haiku master Issa this afternoon and one struck me as being such a pause in time. After translation it reads:
A distant mountain
shimmers in the
dragonfly's eye.
These fast and furious tiny moments of our everyday are adding up to create our family history. How am I responding in each tiny moment? It's important...the way I learn to respond in the *tiny moment* becomes habit. These habits will add up to become the temple of my life. Lord, slow me down, pause my heart, mind, soul... and turn me to you. Focus my eye on you so that my moments reflect your character. When someone looks deep into my eye... into my focus... let them see you, my mountain, my rock, my mighty fortress.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
"Lord, slow me down, pause my heart, mind, soul... and turn me to you."
Hmmm... I needed to hear that today.
Ditto Stephanie
Post a Comment