This year, I asked her to draw me a picture for my wall. She started at it and right away I noticed that she had been influenced by some of the art she has been looking at. She drew the wind as 3 great swirls in the sky and the bushes were made up of curling branches. Immediately I recognized it as something I had seen in two different pictures that she really likes. In my music room is a portion of Klimt's work. The tree in the background is made up of huge swirling branches. One of her favourite art books sits on the mantle with VanGogh's The Starry Night on the front page. His chilly wind depicted in swirling icy blues. I'm thrilled that she is picking up little elements of art that catch her eye. So much fun to see each child find passion in something they love and grow in their passion whether or not I am a great teacher in that area or not. Today, she started an ocean scene for Grannie influenced by the illustrations in a book we read about St. Columba. This afternoon we hung her sweet new picture in the livingroom as praise and encouragement for a whole weeks worth of work. May God multiply her little loaves and fishes in the area of creativity to bring herself joy and Him honor.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Natural Eye
This year, I asked her to draw me a picture for my wall. She started at it and right away I noticed that she had been influenced by some of the art she has been looking at. She drew the wind as 3 great swirls in the sky and the bushes were made up of curling branches. Immediately I recognized it as something I had seen in two different pictures that she really likes. In my music room is a portion of Klimt's work. The tree in the background is made up of huge swirling branches. One of her favourite art books sits on the mantle with VanGogh's The Starry Night on the front page. His chilly wind depicted in swirling icy blues. I'm thrilled that she is picking up little elements of art that catch her eye. So much fun to see each child find passion in something they love and grow in their passion whether or not I am a great teacher in that area or not. Today, she started an ocean scene for Grannie influenced by the illustrations in a book we read about St. Columba. This afternoon we hung her sweet new picture in the livingroom as praise and encouragement for a whole weeks worth of work. May God multiply her little loaves and fishes in the area of creativity to bring herself joy and Him honor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
She is a great artist in the making Jess. I still have some art work that Keegan did in grade one. Treasure them and hold onto them forever.
Gorgeous pictures Robin!! I love them!!! Ashley leaves little notes all over the house too, and at night when Tory and I go to be we often find I love you and you love me notes. Such sweet girlies we have!!
Post a Comment