Monday, February 16, 2009

Mission Impossible


After reading my sisters' blog about some of the events of her morning i thought i would record the events of my day... um... about 15 minutes into it i realized this was going to be an impossible task... actually, when Wes got up all through the night I knew today was going to be a day that may not be worth recording! At 7:30 am when my 9 year old came in the bedroom to inform me that the rest of the family was up... "...all except you mom...even DARREN is up!" I quick jumped out of bed with regret that I hadn't started off with a morning worth talking about. I started with a frenzy, giving out orders for everyone to get eating and cleaning up... made coffee but started teaching math instead of pausing to drink it. Sent Carrie off with her math lesson to complete the assignment, Ellie and Robin doing drills, Sadie on Starfall. I took Wes from Darren and got his math "investigation" started while nursing the babe and reading little golden books to the little ones who were ready for some attention. After that I'm not sure what happened...I had a 3 minute shower in there somewhere and listened to reading while i blow-dried my hair? Did numerous loads of laundry... I think I folded 4 of them and just put in a diaper load. Two or three loads of dishes. One batch of bread was made, two pans of buns, lunch, puzzles, baths, writing assignments, phonics, L.A. school, plugged toilets, diaper changes, lots of clean-up... blah blah... Then Wes decided that he didn't like the taco flavoured breast milk and thought a little screaming was in order. I shooed the other kids outside and tried to help Wes find his "happy place"...he didn't find it for about an hour. It was at the piano where he could see himself reflecting as he listened to me play. As soon as I quit, the writhing and air passing commenced. I put Sadie to naps when she came in rosy cheeked then called my sister Paige for verbal support and love. We were on the phone maybe 2 minutes before her youngest, a new walker, stood up under her piano and bonked his head hard enough to make the blood and tears flow. We listened to the crying on each others' ends of the line and laughed. *One* day it will be silence on both ends. When i remember that, I don't mind the sound of tears from my little ones so much. Both of us nursing sad boys, we talked a few minutes more and then hung up. Life is short...and fast...Curt just got home and I remembered that it's family day... I'm going to go enjoy it with grunting sad Wes.

2 comments:

paige said...

That picture is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

I have many days like that too! And then you get to bed and wonder what you did all day! :)