Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Nothing in my Hands I Bring..."

http://sojourner-ephraim.blogspot.com/2009/02/everything.html

Ah! The above is a link to my sister Paige's blog. As I read her blog this morning her account of her dream seemed a direct response to my posting last night about my Mother-to-God "show and tell". If you're reading this Paige, this is *so* good. I know that I wrote in your comments sections, but i want a record of this in my blog... to be a reminder to me of this morning and the love of God for me alone. I find that as a mother, I often bring all the things I'm "working on" to Him to show... my children. And yet, He wants everything stripped away, just to come alone. Frightening sometimes to come "empty-handed"... This hymn continues to haunt me the past month: Rock of Ages... "Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to thy cross I cling, Naked come to Thee for dress, Humbly come to thee for grace..." Beautiful reminder that I am interesting to Him and *loved and accepted* too, even without anything in my hands as an offering. He wants to speak to me alone sometimes without distractions, without anything to depend on as a "conversation piece" beauty.--j


Here is my sister's dream... it's such a beautiful image to me.

"i had a funny dream last night - as i went to bed with this song in my head...i was singing to Him... this song...& i wanted to lift my hands - with my palms raised - to show him that all i had - was for him - & all He wanted to give me - my hands were open to receive. i went to take my hands out of my pockets & lift them in the air & all manner of little toys & nick nacks fell from my pockets & slipped between my fingers as i started to raise my hands... little balls, thimbles, pennies, paper clips...& i realized that i had to put it all aside in order to give my full attention to the task at hand. Funny little picture of what the inside of my head likely looks like to Him when i come before Him."

No comments: