Potty training has always been my LEAST favorite parenting task. Luckily I had 2 who trained themselves early, but i did have 2 others who were horrendously hard. Sadie, my 5th baby started potty training not last summer but the summer before. She was about 17 months and so excited and eager, telling me she had to "go". This went on till her 3rd birthday!!!
This is such a crazy picture of her because she had banged her eye the week this pic was taken... plus it looks like she had eaten a few markers seconds before the shot too. The older kids made her an outhouse complete with baby potty and stuffed it in the hole made for the dishwasher we didn't have. I'm sure her sucking the markers happened during the making of the outhouse. :) They attached a measuring cup for a handle with a twist tie and it was Sadie's favorite place for a long time. She has been my longest potty trainer. For you mom's out there discouraged. I thought I would post 2 of the posters that gave me a boost to not take it all too seriously during those long months of training. Sadie suddenly trained for both day and night just after her 3rd birthday. I am so relieved, and she is so proud. Anyways, here are the posters that lightened my mood. If you're having problems potty training your child, print these off and post them in your bathroom. You can read them to yourself every time you are sitting there in the washroom waiting for your tiny one's performance and smile to yourself. Don't sweat the small stuff. It'll come. ;)-j







1 comment:
Oh Jess! How true! If I was potty training I would have loved the posters. I love the Elmo cries when you poop! HALARIOUS!!
Post a Comment