Well, the Jespersen Christmas parties have begun as of tonight! November 8th. :) I was so sure that this little one would be in my arms by now but he has decided to stay warm inside and so here i remain. Waiting. The kids have been having fun with Grannie. She ran a watercolor class for the lot of them the first day she was here which was a huge hit. Yesterday she and I went to my Dr's appt with Ellie and Robin and then took to Ikea to get some Christmas shopping done. I'm sure there won't be much time after the baby comes so I'm feeling very thankful for the little bit I did get done. Curt took Darren to work with him and Grandma Shirley kept Carrie and Sadie.
Curt's cousin Jeff and his wife Jess Jespersen just got back from Australia so stopped by for a visit last night bearing gifts. :) The kids all got Aboriginal artifacts to paint so that will be another project to conquer during this last little wait for Hauk to appear. Darren was so excited to try out his boomerang that he headed out into the pitch blackness of the frosty prairie night and chucked it as far as he could. Not sure what he was thinking... if it came back he wouldn't see it till it hit him in the head and as soon as he let go of it, the darkness swallowed it up so he came back into the house empty handed. I didn't find out why he had looked so sheepish coming in last night till this morning when Carrie told me what he had done. Needless to say, there is a small search party happening as i type. Hopefully he'll be able to find it. Ah! It sounds like the little search party has come in the door with the lost treasure! This bleak prairie landscape makes the arrival of this little one seem like such a miracle. In the midst of all the naked trees, stripped, brown alfalfa and wilting green grass frozen with frost, a new little life will burst into the gloom and transform this November into a new focus. Like finding my own little treasure too. Can't wait till I can come bursting through the door with my precious little jewel.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yay for Christmas!!!
I got 90% of our Christmas shopping done this past week so I'll be set! Glad you were able to get a start on your anyways.
Thinking about you lots and waiting for the news!
There is so much to distract right now isn't there? Keeping our minds off of watching the clock... and still! I'm so impatient it's incredible. I'm gobbling up oranges as though this will make the time go faster towards this ultimate goal but to no avail.... oranges and a 2 foot long x 3-inch toblerone bar i have hidden in my night stand table...Chocolate somehow makes things better too doesn't it?
i'm at a loss with Christmas... Just no ideas. i wish i didn't stink at that so much...
Can't wait for little Hauk to arrive either...
Post a Comment