One year ago this month I was HUGE... I was SORE...I was limping...I was IMPATIENT... I was 9 months PREGNANT. One year ago this month I was huge, sore, impatient, pregnant and eating chocolate in the hospital bed excited as I felt the contractions coming on stronger and stronger. An hour after that, i was contorting into all kinds of pretzle-type shapes as the nurses and midwives and my own Dr. tried to figure out the best way to get Wesley out. He was facing the wrong way and mighty stuck. I was beet red, willing to try whatever idea was blurted out of whichever intern spoke first. Maybe this is why i haven't writen about his birth yet. I still can't get the shock out of my system. After he was born, everyone was saying "post your birth story!!" Hmmm. Do people want to hear that they wouldn't let me get into the position i felt i NEEDED to get into? That i shamelessly twisted my tortured body into all kinds of unlikely positions and did it with a "LET'S DOOOO THIS THING!!!"? (I always get embarassingly excited when i'm going to see my little one...even when i'm in horrendous pain.) Do I say that when Wesley was finally was born, he entered the world flanked by rows of nurses, doctors, interns and midwives like a football player entering the field flanked by cheerleaders....and they were all holding my legs down as i pushed against them? Curt didn't have the heart and kept getting in trouble from the doctor for not pushing against my "push". And i sobbed. I was too tired to care when pictures were taken of our new family. Me, the "center-piece" of the photo with disheveled hair, broken blood vessels on my chest from "pushing" and a sweaty, ruby face from my labours. One year ago this month another layer of my heart entered the world.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Beautiful post, Jess! Yup, sounds fairly traumatic - I'm so sorry!! But you wrote beautifully. And Wes was worth it, by the sounds of it. :)
Happy Birthday little guy!
That means our we'll be celebrating a birthday here next!
*sobbing*
I love your last statement, Jess. So appropriate of how a mother feels!
Makes me think my C-Sections were "a picnic!" and it might have been worse had the powers that be continued to let me labour... Just glad Wes is here now, safe and sound and suffering no ill effects from his difficult birth... A year goes by SO fast... just seems like yesterday we heard via the grapevine of his arrival...
Saskatchewan Cousin
Ohh...sorry Jessie....Now maybe Steph and Paige will believe me when I say (as I know I shouldn't do...haha) "I think Jessie has more difficult births than either of you." Anyhow...since I'm here...I can cross the room and give you a big hug....and I must say, Wesley is certainly a little darling.
mama
You.are.amazing.
Post a Comment