Wednesday, November 18, 2009

answers

I can hardly believe this is true, but it's been 9 months since Sadie started drinking up the world and we thought no one would believe us that something was wrong. It's been six months of waiting for the "follow-up" MRI. It feels like I've been holding my breath for all that time. Not having anything else to say because all i can think to say is..."We're still waiting..." Waiting to hear whether there is a visible *reason* for her problems. I'm torn. I want answers... but i don't want an answer that is given by an MRI of her brain. Test is on Friday.
Pray that if there is something to see, they won't miss it.
Pray that if they do see something, they will be SURE...no guessing.
Pray that Sadie will do okay with the anesthetic.
Pray for our faith to increase.

5 comments:

Lori-Dawn said...

Oh Jessie,
We're praying for Sadie and your whole family...for peace, wisdom, understanding...sigh. I can't wait for this waiting period to be over for you!

Tammy said...

I remember a time when sweet Malakai was born and you invited us over for supper. Curt freaked Keegan out with his bear skin adventure and Ginny fell down the whole flight of stairs. It was the most memorable visit, not because of what happened but because of how wonderful you and curt and your family are. We love you guys and the least we can do is pray....

Lesley said...

There is a book by Dr. Seuss called, "Oh The Places You'll Go!" and there is a section where he writes about a place called the Waiting Place. It is such a rotten place to be when you are unable to get yourself out of it...when you are waiting on things beyond your control.

Extra prayers coming your way!

jessica jespersen said...

Lesley. One of my favourite books and by far my favourite pages in the book. I love that about Dr. Seuss. His books are "for kids" but he's really writing about patience, pride, the sanctity of life, giving,faith...so much more going on in his writing than the rhyming rhythms would suggest.

Kali Gillespie said...

Praying for you and litte Sadie as you continue to wait for answers. I hope the MRi went well and I'm so glad you have parents there with you now. {{hugs}}