Mom and Dad are visiting. After supper, during which Grannie wore a card-stock, home-made crown that someone lovingly placed on her head, Ellie crawled up behind her at the table and started to comb her hair. Grannie never flinches when the kids begin playing "beauty salon". I hope i can become as gracious as her someday. Anyways, as i was talking to Grannie, I noticed something.
"Umm, Ellie, Why are you combing Grannie's hair with a plastic fork?"
"I know! See, I made it into a brush!" She had bent back the tines so that it made for a "better brush". Then she placed the crown back on the top of her head. "There! Perfect!"
I think my mom must be the best sport in the world.
(pic of Ellie and Grannie during a beauty-fest last spring) 
4 comments:
Hey! i've been missing posts! HOoray! Stars Hollow is back on!
can't wait to come visit...
Funny! My poor granny was a good sport too as my sister and I decorated her hair once with popsicle sticks from the backseat of the car, carefully putting them through newly coiffed curls as she pretended not to notice!
ohhhh I only WISH my kids would do that to me!!! sigh...I love my hair played with...
As luck would have it, my hair is never perfectly coifed...and anything done to it us usually an improvement....
Post a Comment