Monday, November 30, 2009

Laundry-palooza

I'm on my 5th (maybe 6th?) straight week with a leaking washing machine and my 2nd week of a heatless dryer. Repairman was waiting for parts but is now scheduled to come Wednesday. Now that there is a distinctive "vegetative" smell emanating from my laundry room... and I haven't had the gumption to get myself to the laundrymat... i decided that it was perhaps time to just smarten up and "make-do" I am on my 4th load of the morning, the fireplace is on, the couches, chairs, tables are draped with laundry drying and hopefully by the end of the day my laundry room will smell less like dank mold and more like BLEACH. Such a bad home-maker! I'm the kind of woman that, if the house needs dusting, i make bread. If the toilets need scrubbing, i peel potatoes. If the laundry is backed up, i make cookies. I have a sister that does the opposite; cleans when she should bake... I need to get me some of that.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I doubt very much that you are a bad homemaker.

Andrea said...

Gord just asked me "what's so funny". My reply-"Jess says she's a bad homemaker" WHATEVER!!!

jessica jespersen said...

I do have CDD... Cleaning Deficit Disorder...but i'll admit, i make a mean cinnamon bun. ;) -j

mamazee said...

and then there's me, who gets T to take us all out for dinner on a Tuesday night :) - (they were GOOD, though! and we'd already had ribs three times this week!)...
I just can't win this year - it's so crazy this year...
But i'm with you on the laundry machines - i think T should open a laundry repair business (or Silas should) - we've fixed these machines so often - right now my washer is steamy hot every time i open it, even if it was darks... so weird. And the dryer is not working hard anymore. Either it needs to be whipped, or Silas will go spelunking from outside and find whatever toy is clogging it up... sigh.

Lesley said...

Can you PULEEEEZZZ stop talking about cinnamon buns????? I am drowning in drool over here...(no such thing as cin buns in Switzerland:-( How sad.