Saturday, August 8, 2009

losing momentum

We started off the day with a bang. We had my sisters' family over for the day yesterday so this morning had a big breakfast and waved them off. Curt announced that we were going to pick saskatoons at the neighbors U-pick farm. 45 mins later we came home with 30 lbs of berries. I started rinsing, getting them ready to freeze. Cousins dropped in as usual, I went grocery shopping and then we got a phone call that the next batch of company was coming over. The kids started their "chore packs", a little deck of cards they go through at different times of the day with their chores printed on them. I called to Robin that her laundry was ready to go up to her room. She shrugged, looked at the measly pile and groaned slowly... "Ummm, I guess I'll just give those clothes to Ellie..."

1 comment:

mamazee said...

Thanks for having us, Jessie!
It was the longest, sickest fun day i have ever had.
I don't think a child has EVER been as excited to go to the zoo as Uly was - he was beside himself the whole time - i think they all had a good time, though - and then the mall - my ergo ripped when i was pulling it out from under furniture in the van, so i bought a cheapy replacement for in the mall - babe Meow was limp in our arms, dead asleep, so i laid her in the display crib in the Bay while i figured out the wrap... poor tiny dolly... Then we picked up Haven - parked about 10 blocks away, and T took off, leaving me with a ton of furniture, six children, parked next to a disreputable bar (where i had to use the bathroom!), so i took the littles, the granola bars i had left from you that morning :) - and water bottles, and we found a gorgeous school grounds with a beautiful toddler playground, and played for awhile, waiting for T and Haven to show up... (thanks for the granola bars, too!) - then a LOOOOOOONG drive home - we got home around midnight, and i got into the tub right away, while T brought in the babies... moaning from that horrible sinus cold - hope you are feeling better? I slept in till after noon today, and i will go to bed at a reasonable time tonight! I'm still feeling pretty full... sigh...
But it was a great day :)