Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Workout Wednesday

Well, maybe not a traditional workout, but doesn't blasting the Barra MacNeils and singing/jigging around the piano count? Grampsie came for a visit this week and on the last day, he arrived with a tiny toy fiddle that plays set tunes when you touch the bow to the strings. Sadie was delighted and prayed at dinner that she would learn to play her fiddle really well. Tonight, Curt was at ball with the 4 older kids and I stayed home with Sadie and Wes. I set Wes up at the piano to accompany Sadie and then blasted the Barra MacNeils. She praised Wes up continually for his most excellent piano playing and enthusiastically kept up to the blasting tunes. Very fun. I think her little violin was probably playing "Ode to Joy"... but who could tell. :) I will try to find "Don't Call Me Early" by the Barra MacNeils and add it to my play list so you can have a taste of what our evening sounded like...minus some stomping and hooting, piano hammering and electronic Ode to Joy sounds. Warning! It starts off with some accordion but don't worry, it gets better. hee hee (just kidding mom)
...Arg, could only find "Christmas in Killarny" but it's just as fun. ENJOY the instant party brought to you by the Barra MacNeils.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Wes is loving it! Very sweet, Jess.

Jen said...

Oooh I love it! Sounds like a fun time!!!

Natasha M said...

So cute!

Do you have the Barra's Traditional Album? I love it. It's not rocky, but very solid, and has a lot of good tunes well arranged.

paige said...

i agree - Wes' face is priceless!!! He's totally YOUR SON.

jessica jespersen said...

Paige, Curt can be pretty crazy dancing with the tunes too... but not when other Jespersens are around. haa! He told me the other day that he "can't wait" till the kids start fiddle again. He just loves that style of music. Me to.
Natasha, I will have to keep an eye out for their trad. album. I don't have it but I really love their sound. The bodhran player is unbelievable... matching tones to the chords. LOVE that!--j

mamalena said...

What adorably cute and gifted grandchildren I have...haha.