Friday, June 26, 2009

Nothing can separate us from His great love...

Had a dream about the kids last night. (For those of you who don't normally read my blog, you will need to know, for the sake of the dream, that i have a son with epilepsy and a newly diagnosed 3 year old with "partial central diabetes insipidus")
Was on a long journey to get help for the sake of my children.... sleeping in shallow ditches and hiding from the enemy at night. When we got to where we were going, it was a large open field we waited in. Darren and I were the focus of the dream at this point. We were sitting on a long, wooden bench. Behind it was a curtain where thieves were stashing stolen items. We were surrounded by thieves and robbers and they were a part of where we were coming for help. A loud speaker announced that Darren was buying something. A Daniel Boon lid for something we didn't need or want... 40$ (everyone around laughed.) We were shocked. We didn't ask for, nor want that item, nor want to spend that on a worthless item. The loud speaker announced that we were paying 50$ so our change was going to be one dollar! We were being cheated...over something we didn't even ask for. I took the kids to the "cashier/receptionist" to clear things up. It was confusing... and they didn't want to listen or help. As i was dealing with the lady, Ellie, my 6 year old pointed out a little boy who was standing by the doorway and said to Sadie, "Look, that boy is about your size." As my back was turned, trying to deal with Darren's issue, Sadie went over to meet him. I turned around and a crowd of people were sweeping out the door... and her with them. I asked the lady to wait and ran to get Sadie. When i came out the door, everyone was gone, Sadie was so tiny and in a hospital gown, smiling and gliding towards a nurse in an open doorway. I sobbed, knowing that she was going to die and yelled out "no!"... The nurse was kind and brought me along with Sadie, but when i went through the door Sadie was "gone"...all there was left was to find out why...the dream went on with the process of brain scans, extremely detailed pituitaries with salt crystals floating out of holes along it's scaly length, conversations with doctors with Wesley in my arms and the other children standing...waiting....
Today a package came with the kids' math books for next year and in the package was also a CD that I had ordered because of a song i had heard on our local Christian radio station. I put the song on repeat as i did laundry and sobbed. God's timing is perfect. He knows the fear of a mother deep in worry, who feels "robbed" by illness. Just a timely reminder from God that we are not separated from Him, even in our sorrow, even in our worry, even in our work. He is in the middle of it with us. We belong to Him. Here are the lyrics...I also added it to my playlist.
Not angels,
nor demons,
no power on earth or heaven
Not distance,
nor danger,
no trouble now or ever
Nothing can take me from your great love
Forever this truth remains
I belong, I belong to you
I belong, I belong to you
Not hardship,
nor hunger,
no pain or depth of sorrow
Not weakness,
nor failure,
no broken dream or promise
Nothing can take me from your great love
Forever this truth remains
I belong, I belong to you
I belong, I belong to you...

4 comments:

mamalena said...

What a beautiful song Jessie. It is sweet to be reminded that Father is there with you and He is dealing with you out of His love.

jessica jespersen said...

yes mom. e-mailing with you family back and forth today and thought I should clarify this thought on the blog as well...To me, the dream prefaced the arrival of that song today. It was as if God said to me through giving me the dream: "I know *these* are your thoughts... now remember THIS... "nothing can separate you from MY love..." It wasn't a dream of fear, but a dream (to me) that made me realize that God saw/sees the inner workings of my heart and mind and wanted to bring comfort like a blanket over the worry. When i hear that verse about "not giving us a spirit of fear but of power and love and a strong mind." I think... the power, love and strong mind we are given are really HIS... not ours. We *will* have fear... but his inheritance... what He brings to "the table" is all He is: His power, His love,His strong mind... we *are* weak... but He is so strong.

AmandaCarr said...

Hi - I'd like to sing this song at a wedding in Aug. but can't see to find the name of the artist anywhere? Would you be able to tell me?
Amanda

jessica jespersen said...

oh dear! I should have given her credit! This song is by Mildred Rainey and Kathryn Scott. Kathryn Scott sings it. I bought the cd and the music book from Canadian Book Distributors online and have been listening to it non-stop. I love when song writers stick so close to scripture. --j