Just got back from the homeschooling conference. Really, it was more of a mini family reunion to me than a homeschooling event. The picture I wanted of all 5 of us (Mom, Dad, Steph, Paige and I) I didn't get. I did get one of Mom, Dad and one tiny representative from each of our families though and it's an interesting shot to me. Mom and Dad took turns "strollering" the babies to sleep and mom bought each little one a new outfit at the Sears sale across the road from the convention. Dad introduced and treated us all to the mouthwatering BEEF VINDALOO(?) at Moxie's. Such Herculean effort to dine out with 3 babies, one of whom was teething, but we did... more than once. :) mmmmmmmm..No cooking/cleaning, lots of eating! While we were sitting at Earls eating our last lunch out together the song "Free Fallin'" started to play. Not Tom Petty's version but John Mayer's new version. I know the song is about a philosophical bad boy...but when the chorus hit with it's repetitious "free fallin'" lyric, John Mayer was singing "my song". I've been telling Curt for months that as soon as all of these doctors appointments for Sadie are done with, we are going to run away to the bush together as a family. After this little recent trip out west I'm starting to realize that a quick getaway won't leave our problems in the dust, won't take the knots out of my spine, the ache out of my heart or the worry from my mind. The song "Free Fallin'" keeps resurfacing, so tonight I'm going to take captive that very attractive idea of just spiraling into a pit of "free-falling" despair and cling to what i know to be true:"The Lord delights in the way of the man whose steps he has made firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand." Psalm 37:23, 24
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:1,2,3



4 comments:
Thank you Jessie - i needed those verses today. some days i just need someone to speak truth in love so bad. today that's you...
love you
s
Thanks Jess ... We just found out today that Keegan's teacher is in the hospital after having a heart attack on Saturday. It has been a morning of remorse and thinking of how we often live our own lives with out even thinking about what lays ahead tomorrow.
thanks so much for sharing that beautiful photo of the babies and the post too. I needed to be reminded of the truth.
I lurk reading your blog and your sisters too. I am encouraged and inspired by you and your families.
Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks Grace. :) -j
Post a Comment