. Darren and I watched videos online as to how to feed baby pigeons, designed a tubed syringe that would go down the chicks' throat to it's crop and gave it a go. It seemed to work fairly slick, but i guess time will tell if these very new chicks will be able to survive. I'm digging out the incubator tonight so that they will have a warm place to stay till their feathers start coming. Monday, June 22, 2009
More babies!
Well, the day just kept on building. After the litter of kittens, a second goat delivered another set of twins. Then I got a call from Curt's cousin Jeff asking if i would like to try to rescue 2 baby pigeons. He had a mother pigeon nesting in the roof insulation of the new house he is building. The roof was about to be closed in and he went up to destroy the nest... but there were babies
. Darren and I watched videos online as to how to feed baby pigeons, designed a tubed syringe that would go down the chicks' throat to it's crop and gave it a go. It seemed to work fairly slick, but i guess time will tell if these very new chicks will be able to survive. I'm digging out the incubator tonight so that they will have a warm place to stay till their feathers start coming.
. Darren and I watched videos online as to how to feed baby pigeons, designed a tubed syringe that would go down the chicks' throat to it's crop and gave it a go. It seemed to work fairly slick, but i guess time will tell if these very new chicks will be able to survive. I'm digging out the incubator tonight so that they will have a warm place to stay till their feathers start coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Goodness...life is never boring at your place!
Post a Comment