I am overdue and underdue... and who knows what time I'm due. I DO know one thing though. The last days of a pregnancy are quite the emotional ride. Excited that we're so close, frustrated that nothing is happening, nervous as to how this homeschooling year will look and how I'll feel when we finally get going with it, afraid to fail, in love again deeper with my husband who absolutely relishes the HERO worship he gets from the kids in the last month of pregnancy as he helps make their days over the top fun just by BEING here and coming home early...and my kids who are so willing to help out and pray for their little sister who's arrival is so much the center of attention right now. I have been trying to get something done every day and find that if i lay down between tasks, the day is much less painful! :) I guess what i feel i need right now is a reminder of all the things that make being pregnant with Eva at this time (mid Aug) so beautiful. Summer can be hot...but the heat is outweighed by these:
Curt took kids fishing at Calling Lake.
I went raspberry picking with Wes and Sadie and then we made JAM. (YUM!!)
Curt and Darren cleaned and fried up the fish to the thrill of all the catchers.
Curt took kids quadding to the mountains.
Curt took kids floating down the Pembina river.
The kids play in the sprinkler and splash pool and have picnics on the lawn.
We have been picnicking on fresh peas and carrots from the garden daily.
Every day someone clips flowers from the field, bush or garden to have fresh ones in the house.
(Today, Carrie, Robin and I clipped a huge vase of sunflowers and sweet peas.)
Watermelon is in every grocery store.
Frogs are aplenty.
No one has to worry about homework, music lessons, baseball or other extra activities as they have all faded away for the rest of the summer.
I was allowed to turn the hot tub down to 99 degrees so that i could go in!!
Late night hot tubs with the kids...especially the older 2 who like to say things like "Start talking mom and we'll listen in on your conversation."
Sundresses.
No shoes.
Alberta thunderstorms in the evenings.
And most of all... little Eva won't have to be bundled up like a cotton ball when she comes home from the hospital. We will unfold her red, soft tiny body, inspect every tiny bit of her, inhale her apple-sweetness and enjoy her in the sunshine and fresh air. I can't wait!
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Jess, you are so wise and present. Love that! Remember to use up your "last chances" to shower without worrying over the teeny bundle, cuddle up the other littles without spurting milk on them, eat something that requires a knife and fork (because it may be a while before you can wield both at the same time). Take that last belly shot. Sleep with Eva's little blanket, so it smells like you when you wrap her up. Love on the soon to be "not the baby anymore" because...he won't be.
Miss you and wish I were present with you to see all the wonders you see and will soon see! Love!
ah, you make me cry crys. I will try to live those "last chances" especially the moments with Wes. Had one this morning with him out in the feild and I'm so glad there is Heaven for eternity because life on earth is too short. especially the good bits. -j
and isn't it so good that the rain washed away the smoke? Just in time for beautiful baby pictures when Eva comes...
Post a Comment