From my original due date, i am now 18 days overdue. Obviously i was wrong. From the ultrasound due date, i am now officially 1 day overdue... which is really not overdue at all i guess. This is how it feels though.
-That Christmas has come and gone and i forgot to open the presents. (I like this thought though as it reminds me that there is still something good coming.)
-That maybe I'm not pregnant after all and i'm one of those women experiencing a "phantom pregnancy".
- That maybe she'll come *next* summer.
- That I should have done more "get ahead" schooling the end of last year if i had've known she would be this late.
- It feels like God is trying to teach me that i need to learn to relax in the thought that sometimes, HE is in control... and then relax a little more in the thought that ACTUALLY, He's in control ALL the time. ;)...God is prying my fingers one by one off of all the things in my life that i see as *mine*.
Time being one of them.
When i feel anger, He's teaching me peace.
When i feel lost, He's teaching me to hear his voice.
When i feel lonely, He's teaching me to recognize his touch.
When i feel let down, He's teaching me to depend on Him alone.
When i feel impatient, He's teaching me patience.
When i feel incompetent, He's teaching me to trust that He is fully able.
Lord, make this time of waiting on Eva a time of waiting on You....Help me to rest in You.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hugs! I love your prayer...and what He is showing you! His timing for Eva's birth is perfect...I know you KNOW that and I must admit, I totally admire your patience...the fact that you are sharing what God is teaching you, instead of ranting and raving in the swirl of all those pregnancy hormones! I'm certain the latter would have been my response....sigh...praying for you this week!
By Christmas, Eva will be gumming the wrapping paper...
Much that we ever learn...we learn while we wait. Father has you in university right now...
Post a Comment