Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sadie Update

Well, this will be short. The X-rays were clear! :) :)
I talked to Dr B (oncologist) this week and he reported that the x-rays were clear of any lesions and the previous lesion seen on the cat scan did *not* appear to be an LCH lesion. Because of the thickening of the pituitary, however, they will be keeping tabs on Sadie through her endocrinologist to make sure that the thickening is not the beginning of something more sinister. She will continue to have MRI's every 6 months, and she continues with her hormone replacement. Even though we are, in a way, back where we started at the beginning of this roller-coaster of "what-if's", I am THRILLED. :) No lesions, No biopsy, No medication. Just a watchful eye. If she complains of any consistent pain in any part of her body, we need to take her in as it could be LCH lesions.
There is something in me that is changing through this. I feel as though i am being systematically taught that no matter where this specific road leads... i am to *trust* God. I'm to *rest* in Him. The words "*abide* in Him" keep coming to mind. "Abide": to rest or dwell...to remain...to stand still for once, look him in the peaceful face, pay attention to Him alone...and to stop living in the torment of my worries. To live in His strength.
...i am weak, but He is strong. -j

4 comments:

stephanie said...

I'm so glad to hear this update. She has been on my mind for months now and I've kept her in my prayers.

mamalena said...

Beautiful Jessie. It's just true that we can change nothing by fretting.... and trusting always leads us to seeing that He is able...

Anonymous said...

Oh safe to the Rock that is higher than I...Thou Blest Rock of Ages

xox auntie val

mamazee said...

So glad, jessie...
I meant to call today and stress you out, i mean, ask...
Glad to read this.

Hugs to Sadie, and Hugs to you!!! NOW i feel utterly justified in asking when you and your TENS machine are coming to my house!