Friday, November 5, 2010

The breakfast

I guess i have my own vanity and my friend Andrea to thank for these ridiculous thoughts... Andrea's really not to blame... i'm just not good at taking responsibility for myself. I KNOW no one wants to hear about anyone's weight loss or gain or food intake for that matter! It's really not that exciting....but i'm going to bore you with it anyways.
Awhile back, i asked friends for help regarding post partum weight loss. I got the token "Give yourself 9 months." (...yeah, i may be pregnant by then!) I also got the hardcore workout schedule from one friend. (not gonna happen.) I had already tried the "Pretend you have actually lost weight by buying HUGE pants." and also the "Buy way to skinny pants so that you are so uncomfortable during the day and remember that you need to lose weight." tricks.
Neither of them were working.
Instead... i was gaining.
Then i got a message from Andrea. She told me "Drink lots of water, resist overloading on carbs, and eat *less* than you normally would...Oh yeah! and we will e-mail each other what we ate during the day! Well... I lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. Then we quit e-mailing menus. Now i'm at a standstill. (p.s. i know why i am at a standstill but i'm not telling that the reason is nachos.) ANYways... I usually have toast in the morning, but I've been trying to lower my carbs intake (which is "epic" as the kids today like to say) so i've been eating eggs. Today it was a soft boiled egg. Usually my kids LOVE hardboiled eggs and i smash up a whole dozen at a time and it doesn't strike me this same way. Today though, my kids found Honey Nut Cheerios more tempting and I was left to have an egg by myself. It is strange cooking breakfast for *one* when i'm used to doing it for 7! I took the perfect compact little breakfast so generously provided by a hard working chicken, boiled it in my little pot and when the time was right, took it out with a spoon and rinsed it under cold water. It was at this point that the whole thing started to feel like some kind of miniature Japanese tea party. So ceremonious was this undertaking of my personal breakfast! First, i used a knife to soundly crack my egg and split it in two. Then, i carefully weilded a spoon and gently scooped out both sides into my bowl. I then took a fork and smashed some butter, salt and pepper into my egg. Is it REALLY this complicated to eat an egg? I need a knife, a fork AND a spoon? All i could think was... "I could have eaten a whole LOAF of bread by now. This is ridiculous!" But it WAS delicious.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Haha! I usually don't cook hard boiled eggs cuz I'm too impatient for breakfast.
I've been gaining too!?! I think I'm gonna try her/your advice!

Andrea said...

My inbox is available any time girlie! I went off the rails when we quit. Keyboard silence makes my pants tight...

Lori-Dawn said...

At a recent talk I went to, it was said that our eyes are amazing, and when you where shades it tricks our brain into thinking it's evening and we sunburn easier! Same with digestion! When it's dark out our eyes tell our brain it's evening and our brain tells our body to slow down digestion! pretty cool way our Creator made us! All this to say, see what happens when you stop eating after sunset for one week...it makes you sleep better too (unless baby wakes you up of course...lol) Anyhow, just thought I'd share something I'm trying out...not to lose weight but to sleep better...LOL but if you don't eat when you're digestive system is sluggish it makes sense right? Also don't eat with your shades on...seriously!