Thursday, January 28, 2010

bathing suit pep talk from a seasoned husband...

We're planning a family holiday and I had to buy a bathing suit that's suitable for wearing in public. I had worn out the bottom in the last good suit i had. Plus, i needed one that will work for maternity that's fairly "decent". We hit the mall and I found a few suits in one of the shops and started trying them on. Curt kept giving the sales lady really weird "old lady" suits to pass on to me in the change room as a joke. (She thought he was serious.) I forced him to come in the change room with me to check out one of the suits. He took one look at the suit i had on. It fit strangely over my pregnanty belly and rapidly vanishing waist-line. At this stage of a pregnancy and after 6 pregnancies I "show" right away. But mostly that "show" is really my body knowing what to do hormonally and just going with the flow. It's not a tight little belly full of baby. It's a body that knows the routine. :) Anyways, Curt took one look at me and said something i didn't think i would ever hear my husband say: "Don't worry, it will look better when you get a little bigger."

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Curt... :)

You're probably stunning in almost anything you wear, m'dear!!

My big thing with swimsuits is that the maternity ones are often two-piece tankini things that have ZERO support up top... or if they do, it's meant for A-cup ladies; not quite suitable for those more well-endowed women.

I ended up doing a lame-o dorky thing for swimming; I bought a 'larger' regular suit from Wal-Mart, and put a cheap sports bra underneath it for swimming/support. I had on a swim cap and goggles so no one would ever know who I am. :)

Lori-Dawn said...

HAHAHAHAHA....nice....I found a really cute tankini bathsuit at Thyme Maternity....I still wear it..lol But it's a nice one and on for 1/2 price! Hope you find a gooder!

jessica jespersen said...

I am so looking forward to the "abs of steel" that pregnancy eventually brings. ;) It *does* look better. :) --j

paige said...

haahaa! Remember my post about Neil bursting out laughing when i tried on a bathing suit? He's hilarious. i have been wearing a top part that you passed down to me - & i LOVE it. Very nice support & coverage for pregnancy. Now i feel guilty that i have it & you may have wanted it.