When Robin was born 8 years ago, my cousin Autumn who was 13, came to live with us. She was planning on coming for a week and ended up staying a total of 5 weeks that summer and fall. :) She's only missed maybe one summer of visiting since then and the kids look forward to her coming with jumping, hyperventilating and high-pitched whining. We had a little over a week with her this summer so we took her raspberry picking and i forced her to help me frame the playhouse...even though neither one of us knew what we were doing.-Curt took me and the kids to pick saskatoons. We picked 30 lbs in 45 mins!
We sold our dog to a breeder in Washington so needed to take a trip up to Blue River to make the trade off. During this time, we visited my sister Steph. Our families headed off to a deserted stretch of the Jasper National Park and let the kids run wild in the sand and icy water. It was peaceful and beautiful! She piled us all into bedrooms for a couple nights, and then kept 3 of the kids while we took the other three for an overnight just outside of Blue River. First time we haven't been turned away from a hotel in a long time! Usually they take one look at our 6 kids and tell us to get lost.
My sister Paige and I were talking on the phone about getting together and realized that our husbands were planning on being away the same week as VBS was happening at my church. We decided to join forces and make some memories. Paige, 16 weeks along in her pregnancy, drove all the way out and settled into the basement rooms with her 6 kids. We did a hike and picnic at a local wildlife park, a weiner roast, a quad ride to pick berries, garden raids, had an outdoor pizza pool party at my sister in law's place and had company drop in. I LOVED it. I find it hard when Curt goes away for any length of time. Having Paige come for a visit was just exactly what I needed. When he did get home on Thursday, he had time to take my niece Cairo riding which was a highlight for her. I did break my baby toe on the island the first morning and get stung by a bee on my eyelid but other than that, the week ran smoothly.

-As soon as her family left, Sadie and Robin got the barfs. *niiiiiiiice*.
The last week of August, we decided to take a couple nights a Meiette Hot Springs. The hot springs were incredible, the 2 hour walk through the mountains with the kids was fresh and beautiful but the 4 am wake-up time for Wes "tanked".
-I recieved 7 boxes of peaches from my inlaws. Carrie and I canned 25 litres and served up another 25 litres to cousins who dropped by.

-I got mastitis. *lovely*
-My niece Brianna came over and helped with the house while i nursed myself back to health and determined to get ready for homeschool to start.
-Carrie had 4 teeth pulled.
-Carrie got the flu.
-We finished the major part of the work on the playhouse, dragged it to the bush and had a painting day/weiner roast with the kids.
-Homeschool sort of started somewhere in here!
-We sold a Billy Goat.
-Our good hen hatched out 16 chicks!!!
-I got the flu.
We sold our dog to a breeder in Washington so needed to take a trip up to Blue River to make the trade off. During this time, we visited my sister Steph. Our families headed off to a deserted stretch of the Jasper National Park and let the kids run wild in the sand and icy water. It was peaceful and beautiful! She piled us all into bedrooms for a couple nights, and then kept 3 of the kids while we took the other three for an overnight just outside of Blue River. First time we haven't been turned away from a hotel in a long time! Usually they take one look at our 6 kids and tell us to get lost.My sister Paige and I were talking on the phone about getting together and realized that our husbands were planning on being away the same week as VBS was happening at my church. We decided to join forces and make some memories. Paige, 16 weeks along in her pregnancy, drove all the way out and settled into the basement rooms with her 6 kids. We did a hike and picnic at a local wildlife park, a weiner roast, a quad ride to pick berries, garden raids, had an outdoor pizza pool party at my sister in law's place and had company drop in. I LOVED it. I find it hard when Curt goes away for any length of time. Having Paige come for a visit was just exactly what I needed. When he did get home on Thursday, he had time to take my niece Cairo riding which was a highlight for her. I did break my baby toe on the island the first morning and get stung by a bee on my eyelid but other than that, the week ran smoothly.

-As soon as her family left, Sadie and Robin got the barfs. *niiiiiiiice*.
The last week of August, we decided to take a couple nights a Meiette Hot Springs. The hot springs were incredible, the 2 hour walk through the mountains with the kids was fresh and beautiful but the 4 am wake-up time for Wes "tanked".
-I recieved 7 boxes of peaches from my inlaws. Carrie and I canned 25 litres and served up another 25 litres to cousins who dropped by.

-I got mastitis. *lovely*
-My niece Brianna came over and helped with the house while i nursed myself back to health and determined to get ready for homeschool to start.
-Carrie had 4 teeth pulled.

-Carrie got the flu.
-We finished the major part of the work on the playhouse, dragged it to the bush and had a painting day/weiner roast with the kids.
-Homeschool sort of started somewhere in here!
-We sold a Billy Goat.
-Our good hen hatched out 16 chicks!!!
-I got the flu.



4 comments:
Oh wow! That sounds like a crazy fun filled summer. I think you forgot the part about Paige coming to visit ;)
Hope you are feeling better!
nope... 5th little paragraph... just didn't get in as many details as i would have liked if i had've blogged on time! haa--j
wow - I completely missed that one! That must have been when Kellan was either bumping his head on the coffee table or playing with the cords in the plug-in ;)
that makes me tired to read :)
but it was fun!
now come visit again!
Post a Comment