Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wild Wes

It's been a long two weeks.  I've been sick and now i've lost my voice completely.  Curt will have to take Sadie in for chemo today.  She was teary last night and this morning as it will be the first hospital visit that I haven't been able to go with her.  She seemed to accept it okay when i told her that we didn't want to make the other kids in the oncology ward sick as their bodies cannot fight sickness when they have lower blood counts.   I was washing up with Sadie this morning when Wes, my loud talker comes in with a huge announcement.  I answered him in a whisper.  He stopped, leaned over the tub and asked "How come you can't talk!?" I whispered "I lost my voice Wes!" His eyes got real big and serious and he slowly shook his finger at me and announced, "Then Wessie will FFFF- FIIIIND it for you!". Love that boy.  During chores he had pulled my arm over to the comfy chair in the kitchen and begged "Love me Mom!"  So we were snuggling when Robbie came up and carefully asked "Can I have some G-U-M?"  I said after chores were done she could.  Then went back to snuggling Wes.  He was quiet for a minute and then said "Jew-EM??.....Jew-EM!???...I want some JEW--EM!?  Can I have some JEW--EM?"  I guess a careful spelling of gum wasn't enough to deter a 2 year old.  If someone else is having it... he must have some too.  Maybe I should tell him that the other kids already finished some p-o-t-t-y-  t-r-a-i-n-i-n-g... maybe he'd want a piece of that too.  :P    

2 comments:

mamalena said...

Yes...one can always hope. He is a dear little guy...

Shari said...

What a sweetie!!! It's great that you and Curt can tag team with little Sadie.