When we got the chemo treatment plan for Sadie, i went home in frenzy mode. I couldn't stop working, cleaning, baking, playing, planning, sweating. People were talking to me about Sadie and i felt i was talking a mile a minute and to be honest i felt a little crazy. I was going all day without remembering to eat or drink. Bedtime would come and i would lay there for ever, going over and over in my head the last few weeks of staying up into the wee hours of the morning taking notes of internet lectures on LCH. Then i would go over again the diagnosis conversation...and finally start agonizing about all the "what ifs" of the year to come. I would wake up at 5 am and that was it for me... i was up. And then i crashed. I wrote my family who have been praying for us. Some words just have to come out or they will beat your heart out of you:
"I Can't sleep anymore... can't eat, forget to drink, sweating like crazy and working like i'm posessed. I wake up too early and then think about how Sadie will feel after surgery... and that it`s just the beginning for her...Thinking of Jesus praying `Father if it`s possible, take this cup from me.. and then...let your will be done...`and it has new meaning...and it`s terrible. He was truly human and he understands this fear. But it`s 5 in the morning and i`m sobbing on the couch. I wish it were me that could take the cup from Sadie. -j"
There are so many moments from the past few days i want to keep in this blog, all together. I may clip and paste from here or there as it's hard to get it all down. Time is suddenly speeding towards a sharp turn and I want to capture every moment of our lives "before chemo" as i know in my heart that life will never be the same again.
"I Can't sleep anymore... can't eat, forget to drink, sweating like crazy and working like i'm posessed. I wake up too early and then think about how Sadie will feel after surgery... and that it`s just the beginning for her...Thinking of Jesus praying `Father if it`s possible, take this cup from me.. and then...let your will be done...`and it has new meaning...and it`s terrible. He was truly human and he understands this fear. But it`s 5 in the morning and i`m sobbing on the couch. I wish it were me that could take the cup from Sadie. -j"
There are so many moments from the past few days i want to keep in this blog, all together. I may clip and paste from here or there as it's hard to get it all down. Time is suddenly speeding towards a sharp turn and I want to capture every moment of our lives "before chemo" as i know in my heart that life will never be the same again.



3 comments:
Shortly after Sarah's diagnosis, Doug said to me: "Sarah is still Sarah, nothing will change that. Life is not over, it's just going to be different."
Jessica, I am praying for you today and in the days to come as you face new things with Sadie.
"Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God... "
~Chris Tomlin~
When I saw "the cup," I remembered our Japanese moments. "Consider the cup broken." In all of this, my biggest struggle has been, "WHY JESS?? She's already sweet and open!"
It's always bigger than what we see. God's view is always wider and more focused. You are in the right place; in his perfect place. You are broken and poured out. That grieves me and breaks me, which enables prayer and openness to God.
Remember this?
Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing
Poured out to death
Many times, I've wondered at your gift of life
I'm in that place once again
I'm in that place once again
And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life
Now You are exhalted to the highest place
King of the Heavens, where one day I'll bow
But for now, I'll marvel at Your saving grace
I'm full of praise once again
Oh I'm full of praise once again
And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life
Thank you for the cross
Thank you for the cross
Thank you for the cross, my friend
And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life
Praying for you... aching with you... lifting you up before the One who knows, sees, and cares more than all others...
*hugs*
M.
Post a Comment