I took my first foray into the real world again on Friday by heading into fiddle lessons in the city with all 7 kids in the 12 passenger van. We were going to pick up Curt on the way (thank goodness). I remember the first time leaving the house alone with all 6 kids after Wesley's birth. Those first tentative trips out of the house and towards normalcy are always so memorable and momentous for me...and a little frightening. Curt's cousin had given me a kids karaoke CD and as we turned out of the driveway and onto the road, i shoved it into the player without looking at the song contents. Suddenly, the first few bars of a song i have heard often blared into the van and i simultaneously burst into tears and laughter. Tears, because the theme and main lyric of the disco song "I Will Survive" seemed appropriate for the weeks worth of bobbing and drowning in the sea of worry (even though the song doesn't really apply any deeper than those 3 title words)... and laughter because the tears were so melodramatic. Besides, who listens to disco music with a straight face? I'm sorry, but only if you're dead is that possible. The van burst out in a wild frenzy of disco dancing and laughing. Ah! NORMALCY. :)
*Update on Sadie*
Just got a call from the hospital. Sadie will be going in for her CAT and PET scans at 8 am on October 21st. It's farther away than we thought but at least the date is set. A friend sent over meals this week and then the church sent me home with a box of frozen meals. So thankful.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thanks for the update, Jess. LOVE to read your blogs. . . .feel like I'm right there. . . .praying for Sadie. Love you guys. :)
Post a Comment