Friday, October 23, 2009
The oldest student in my homeschool
This morning I did something that I am terrified of--city driving. :P Sadie had an appointment with her endocrinologist and I didn't really want to truck in there with 6 kids and my chauffeuring husband again. We take up all the waiting room not to mention the appointment room. Curt offered to stay home with the kids and run "school" while I drove in. The last time I thought i was going to have to drive in alone a friend suddenly offered to come along for the ride. (Thanks Laurianne!) Today I had to "grow up" and learn how to maneuver traffic circles and underground parking by myself. I am 34 after all and i guess it's about time. I printed off directions from Google maps and held my breath the whole way...except when i was praying that I wouldn't get lost. Halfway into the city i thought i had missed a turn and started to pray out loud. "Please Jesus, help me find my way there!" Around the next traffic circle i saw a building that i recognized and shouted out "Thank you Jesus!" Sadie, so excited in the back seat hoots "Did Jesus help us to not get lost!!???...YAY!!" After we waited in line for enough vehicles to exit the full underground parking lot, I thought we may have difficulty finding a parking space inside but a large truck pulled out of a slot after only one "circling" and Sadie announced "Jesus got us a parking spot too!" haa!! The appointment went well and we headed home. Curt had gotten everyone through math and science and the little ones through LA, and had cleaned our room to boot! (He should do this more often) I thought i would send the older kids off to practice fiddle, Wes for a nap and spend time with the little 3. We read 3 books about honey bees and then i decided we would make candles with the beeswax block i had been keeping in the freezer for a time such as this. Well, by the time the wax was melted, i had lost my audience and there I stood...alone... dipping candles. Sometimes I feel like the oldest student in my homeschool. I quit after 3 dips and decided to try again tomorrow now that the candles were all started. Someone is going to have fun whether they like it or not!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Jess, I would ride to town with you any day. . . .it was fun and I wish I had been there for you this time!
I don't know how much fun it could have been for you, but it was sure kind! --j
Hurray for you Jess. Neccessity forces us to do lots of things that we really dont think we are capable of doing....then pretty soon...we can do ANYTHING!... Reminds me of when I stayed with Darren and Carre when Robin was born....and you called and said I could bring them in...So we got in the car and Darren (he hasn't changed all that much...haha)said with incredulity, "Can you drive?!?" (bumpy driveway...I think he was a bit nervous...haha)
I totally know what you mean about the oldest child in my homeschool. So much of what we do is driven by my interests :) - but i figure if i'm having fun, they probably will, too...
Anyway, i am glad that appt is over, and praying for good results...
Hooray for Curt, too!
Post a Comment