Sunday, July 26, 2009

You say tomayto I say tomahto...

Sadie and I were up making cookies tonight and she had the job of whisking the eggs in the bowl. She took a couple eggs out of the carton and began to sing: "....Butt--eggs.... Butt--eggs..."
I looked over and she was making the eggs dance to their most humiliating lyric.
"Sadie, put the eggs back in the carton."
"But mom, these eggs come out of the chickens' butt right? That's why they are butt eggs." I looked over at her and tried to be scientific. "Actually, it kind of comes out of the cloaca..." She stopped swirling the eggs and stared at me for a few seconds before announcing: "And that is a butt."

3 comments:

Andrea said...

because I've never even heard the word 'cloaca', I would have said 'butt' too. I can just see her face...

jessica jespersen said...

I was just trying to get the rude song to end. haa haa! The "chicken butt" is actually called a "vent" but there's a part that extends out of the vent to lay the egg.(the cloaca)... I didn't know any of that until we got chickens and i started wondering where the egg comes out of...strange anatomy of the chicken!

Lori-Dawn said...

lol...I'm impressed she didn't try to make cloaca sound rude...lol